[CentOS] CentOS CI Testing Prior to Releasing Packages

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Apr 27 17:36:14 UTC 2016

In another thread I talked about running CI testing on a packge before
release.  I thought I would explain that a bit more AND ask for tests,
if they are needed.

Prior to pushing newly released packages into the main CentOS os,
updates, extras, cr, or fasttrack repositories, we run our t_functional
CI test suite on the entire repo set.  So if we are releasing an update,
it would be against the os and updates repositories.  Or if we release
fasttrack package, it would be os, updates, fasttrack repositories.

We also run this test suite on the final OS repository during point
release upgrades.

Here is information on the t_functional suite.

https://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/AutomatedTests/WritingTests/t_functional

And here is where I actually run the suite prior to releasing updates:

https://ci.centos.org/view/CentOS-Core/

The reason I bring this up is we will accept updates to the tests to
check for things that should be tested prior to release of a repository.

If you know of something that we sometimes get wrong and create a test
that returns exit code other than 0 for a fail, and if you can convince
us (on the CentOS-Devel mailing list) that it should be included, then
you can help us release better updates to CentOS Linux.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes