[CentOS] Centos hold me back from work - sshd ...bull

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Apr 28 09:11:01 UTC 2016

On 4/28/2016 2:02 AM, Andreas Benzler wrote:
> what is wrong with the default sshd server.
>
> after retry to connect sshd - key changed from known hosts????

I've installed centos a LOT of times, versions 5, 6, and 7, and never
had any issues with the built in sshd service, and a variety of clients,
including other linux ssh, putty and securecrt on windows, gui SCP/SFTP
utilties(they use sshd too), freebsd ssh, solaris ssh, aix ssh.

the "key changed from known_hosts" error happens if your client had
previously connected with  the same "user at hostname" on a previous
installation of the server OS with a different ssh_host_key

you need to provide a lot more information if you expect a more specific
answer from anyone, like what version of CentOS did you install, what
client software you're using to connect to it, any pertinent background
information like was this hostname previously used for a different OS
install, etc etc.