[CentOS] C5: The Firefox ESR 45.1.0 Nighmare

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Fri Apr 29 03:35:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 03:05 +0000, Richard wrote:

> This explains the extension signing, and timeline, a bit:
>
>   <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extension_Signing>
>
> Note that the unsigned override that you used is going away with FF47.

Thanks for the link.  I like the idea of a so-called non-FF branded
version (USA english only) which does not re-enforce the Mozilla
Approval requirement.

	" How will the unbranded versions of Firefox work?

	" They will work just like Firefox, with two differences:
	 they will have a setting to disable mandatory signature checks,
	 and they will not have the Firefox name and logo (instead using 	  a
generic name and logo). They will be available in the en-US
	 locale only. "

Perhaps that might form a suitable replacement for ESR versions ?

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.