[CentOS] C5: The Firefox ESR 45.1.0 Nighmare

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:21:19 UTC 2016

On 29 April 2016 at 09:55, isdtor <isdtor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Always Learning writes:
> > However the time-wasting problem remains, so too do the down-loaded
> > extensions in /tmp, example tmp-xxx.xpi
>
> The reason behind this is the missing patch referenced by Johnny's posting
> that you referenced in a follow-up.
>
> What I would really like to see, talking about SIGs and such, is an rpm
> for palemoon, but I fear it can't be done on C5. Even C6 only would help,
> although I'm hesitating to move my main desktop off 5; the C6 desktop
> simply doesn't have the same stability and performance, and having to log
> off/log on just because PA behaves irratically is really annoying.

Given: RHEL5 goes end of life on 2017-03-31, which is 47 weeks, 6 days, 13
hours, 40 minutes, and 50 seconds from now

and that even now the updates are limited to critical (ie remote code
execution) pretty much might I suggest now is a good time to be thinking
about that future of that system and if not move to C7 at least move to C6?

I can't even imagine the pain of using C5 as a desktop in today's world ...