[CentOS] Bonding wired and wireless ifaces

wwp

subscript at free.fr
Sat Apr 30 20:26:04 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's any interest in trying to bond em1 and eth0
(respectively wired and wireless interfaces here), and if any, how to
do it in CentOS6.

I've found this, which could possibly help (but I'm failing yet):
  http://r.outlyer.net/linux:bonding
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBonding
Both are dealing w/ ifenslave.

Any experience or point of view on this topic?

For now, and without any change to the CentOS network config, I have my
wired and wireless ifaces up at the same time, same IP (thanks for the
DHCP config running on my router), but apparently only the wired one is
taking into account in the routing table (if I understand), until I
undock the laptop and run on the wireless one):

 > route -n
 Kernel IP routing table
 Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
 10.0.2.0        0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     1      0        0 em1   <- wired
 10.0.2.0        0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     2      0        0 eth0  <- wireless
 0.0.0.0         10.0.2.1        0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 em1   <- 10.0.2.1 is my router

I'm a complete newbie to bonding, so please forgive any non-sense I
could have written here!

Regards,

--
wwp