[CentOS] Disabling network service in CentOS 7

Tue Apr 5 19:10:54 UTC 2016
Joe Smithian <joe.smithian at gmail.com>

Hi all,
I've recently started using NetworkManger service and nmcli tool, I like it
much better than the old network service and manually modifying network
scripts. I've seen many online questions on how to disable NetworkManger
but I have the opposite question! I am wondering if it be OK to disable
network service altogether and just use NetworkManger for configuring and
managing Ethernet interfaces. I care about wired Ethernet interfaces only.

I disabled network service and rebooted my machine without any networking
problem but I wanted to conform that that would be OK.

Thanks,

Joe