[CentOS] journaled quotas in CentOS6?

Thu Apr 14 15:45:01 UTC 2016
Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com>

Hi

CentOS 6.7 (kernel 2.6.32-573.el6.x86) ...

Wanted to set up group quotas on a new ext4 filesystem.  When i was
initialising via quotacheck, received this message

     > quotacheck -vcg /HOMES
     quotacheck: Your kernel probably supports journaled quota but you
are not using it.

I liked sound of that, so i brushed up on the procedure and modified the
mount line in fstab to: defaults,noatime,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0

on doing a mount /HOMES -o remount, i was met with this:

     mount: /HOMES not mounted already, or bad option

and was unable to mount the filesystem until i removed the journaling
options

I've come across how-tos and blogs by people who were doing this in
CentOS6.5.  The mount manpage makes no mention of jquotas

Any thoughts on how to get jquotas in 6.7?

thanks

- cal