[CentOS] How to configure VLAN in CentOS7

Mon Apr 18 02:39:28 UTC 2016
liyulei <liyulei_walker at hotmail.com>

Hi,

I encountered a problem when creating a VLAN interface according to the
Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-7-Networking_Guide.  I configuered the parent
interface ifcfg-eno1 as follows:

DEVICE=eno1

TYPE=Ethernet

BOOTPROTO=none

ONBOOT=yes

And I created a new file named ifcfg-eno1.5, the content is:

DEVICE=eno1.5

BOOTPROTO=none

ONBOOT=yes

IPADDR=192.168.81.3

PREFIX=24

NETWORK=192.168.81.0

VLAN=yes

Then I restarted the network: systemctl restart network

After that I found that I couldn't connect to the Internet, even couldn't
ping the gateway. I thought it might be I didn't set the GATEWAY in
ifcfg-eno1.5, so I added the GATEWAY=192.168.81.254(My local area network
gateway), it didn't work.

Could anybody teach me how to create a VLAN interface in CentOS7, or tell me
what' s wrong with my configuration, more detailed more better.

Thanks

Li yulei