[CentOS] what does firefox have against sans-serif

Thu Apr 21 22:09:52 UTC 2016
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I've been struggling to get Firefox to render text in a sans-serif font.
So far, I've only been able to do that by
setting the default font as sans-serif.
DejaVu Sans Mono and DajaVu Sans are the only other
listed fonts that I'm reasonalbly sure are sans-serif.
Helvetica and Arial are not there.

sans-serif does work on Konqueror.

Does anyone know how to affect the font-family on Firefox 38.7.0 ?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards