[CentOS] mount bind problem

Thu Apr 14 14:18:16 UTC 2016
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 04/13/2016 08:44 PM, 望月忠雄 wrote:
> # mount
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root on / type ext4 (rw,usrquota,grpquota)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> /dev/vda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw)
> /dev/vdb on /mnt/extradiskA type ext4 (rw,usrquota,grpquota)
> /mnt/extradiskA/home on /home type none (rw,bind)
> /mnt/extradiskA/log on /var/log type none (rw,bind)
> /mnt/extradiskA/mysql on /var/lib/mysql type none (rw,bind)
> /mnt/extradiskA/.backup on /.backup type none (rw,bind)
> /mnt/extradiskA/.daily_backup on /.daily_backup type none (rw,bind)
> /mnt/extradiskA/backups on /var/backups type none (rw,bind)
> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
> /dev/vdb on /home type ext4
> (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,usrquota,grpquota)

Well, there it is, the extra mount of /dev/vdb on /home.  It's
not apparent how it got that way.  Since it appears to be at
the bottom of /etc/mtab, it apparently happened _after_ all
the other mounts.  Some script must have done that.  If it's
not in /etc/rc.d/rc.local, then I'd do a progressively wider
search for references to /home, starting with

     grep -r /home /etc

                 Do NOT delete it.