[CentOS] mount bind problem

Fri Apr 15 13:09:10 UTC 2016
Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net>

On 04/15/2016 01:05 AM, 望月忠雄 wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> Before sending 'grep -r /home /etc' data, I want tell you what happned this
> morning.
>
> In order to solve the /home/home problem, 'umount /home' had been done,
> system had been running in a normal file system.
> But suddenly /home has been lost.
>

> Key information of that time is as in the **** lines.
> And I found in the //// lines messages log.
> How do you think the reason of trouble.

Since you had two different things mounted on /home, it is unclear how
the system would interpret "umount /home". That is why I did not suggest
doing that.

 From the error, it seems that some checks got bypassed and a busy
filesystem was disconnected. It is likely that there is now some
filesystem corruption on /dev/vdb, and you should reboot with a forced
fsck to clean it up.  You really should track down the cause of the
extra mount of /dev/vdb on /home first, or the system will just come
up wrong again.

                 Do NOT delete it.