[CentOS] output of "ls" (was: Re: Postgrey on CentOS 6)

Fri Apr 22 15:53:18 UTC 2016
Gabriele Pohl <gp at dipohl.de>

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 02:23:28 +1200
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> On 23/04/16 02:13, Gabriele Pohl wrote:
> > I administer a postfix mail server on CentOS 6.
> > Now I want to setup another with similar configuration.
> >
> > But the postgrey package is no longer available in Epel
> > for this CentOS release as I have seen now:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/postgrey/
> >
> > 2. Can you give advice for an alternative setup
> >    of greylisting for postfix on CentOS 6?
>
> Postgrey is largely obsoleted by postscreen which comes with postfix
> versions 2.8 and up.  You can get the latest postfix (including
> postscreen) for CentOS 6 from GhettoForge (www.ghettoforge.org).

Thanks for your help and so quickly :)

I decided to try with current version of postgrey
from projects github repository.
https://github.com/schweikert/postgrey/releases/tag/version-1.36
as I want to avoid using more 3rd party repos.

Doing the first steps in manual installation
(create directory and user) I found out,
that I lack from knowledge on "ls" output..

There is a difference that I don't understand.

What does the "." at the right side
of the attributes list mean?

directory manually created on the shell:
drwxr-x--x 2 postgrey postfix 4096 Apr 22 17:19 /var/spool/postfix/postgrey/

created by package installation:
drwxr-x--x. 2 postgrey postfix 4096 Apr 13 16:23 /var/spool/postfix/postgrey

I used this commands to create the first one

# mkdir /var/spool/postfix/postgrey
# chmod 751 /var/spool/postfix/postgrey
# groupadd --gid 493 postgrey
# useradd --system --gid 493 --uid 493 --home /var/spool/postfix/postgrey -M --shell /sbin/nologin postgrey
# chown postgrey /var/spool/postfix/postgrey
# chgrp postfix /var/spool/postfix/postgrey

Can you give explanation what is causing the difference
compared to the package created directory?

Gabriele