[CentOS] Apache/PHP Installation - opinions

Wed Apr 27 08:19:18 UTC 2016
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 04/27/2016 01:06 AM, Brandon Vincent wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net> wrote:
>> Not with a smtp that enforces DANE.
>
> I'm aware of how DANE works.
>
> The only problem is no MTA outside of Postfix implements it.
>
> You can thank the hatred of DNSSEC for that.

I never understood the hatred for DNSSEC.

When I first read about it, it was like a beautiful epiphany.

But DNSSEC adoption is increasing. I keep seeing the green DNSSEC icon
in my browser more and more often, when I first started using it was rare.

But the point is, other mail servers may not have implemented yet but
Postfix has implemented it, and the stock version in RHEL / CentOS is
too old. Barely too old, but too old.

Thus better security it achieved by running a newer version.

Especially since adoption is in fact increasing.