[CentOS] Any CentOS 6 Issues on Lenovo Y700?

Thu Apr 28 03:47:42 UTC 2016

On Wed, April 27, 2016 10:07 pm, Brian Bernard wrote:
> Oh, I wouldn't flame you.
>
> Hmm, I didn't think of using a virtual machine. The Lenovo has a NVidia
> 960MX, so I wonder if it would fully work under a virtual machine.

Probably not. Normally virtual machine does not have that level of
possession of hardware. At least Sun-Oracle Virtual Box doesn't. Somebody
may correct me if I'm wrong here. If I were to do it, I would choose as
host system the system your software requiring OpenGL is available for.
And add other systems you need in virtual machines. Laptops, though
powerful these days, still not the best choice for virtual machines IMHO.

Valeri