[CentOS] systemctl enable httpd failure

Thu Apr 28 12:38:37 UTC 2016
Michael H <michael at wemoto.com>

On 28/04/16 13:29, Michael H wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> [root at mail1 ~]# systemctl enable httpd
> Failed to execute operation: Invalid argument
>
> I can disable and re-enable other services without issue, I'm also
> seeing the same error when I run
>
> [root at mail1 ~]# systemctl enable mailman
> Failed to execute operation: Invalid argument
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Michael

[root at mail1 ~]# mv
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/httpd.service .
[root at mail1 ~]# systemctl enable httpd
Created symlink from
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/httpd.service to
/usr/lib/systemd/system/httpd.service.

[root at mail1 ~]# mv
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mailman.service .
[root at mail1 ~]# systemctl enable mailman
Created symlink from
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mailman.service to
/usr/lib/systemd/system/mailman.service.

problem solved. Any ideas why this happened?

Michael