[CentOS] tune2fs: Filesystem has unsupported feature(s) while trying to open

Sat Apr 30 18:19:04 UTC 2016
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 04/30/2016 11:06 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Sat, April 30, 2016 12:56 pm, William Warren wrote:
>> ALL systems need patching so obsessing about uptime is insecurity on its
>> face.  It doe not matter if it is windows or linux or anything else.
>>

> As I said, I feel I hear MS Widows admins on this list. There are only two
> things that require reboot in UNIX and Linux Worlds. Kernel patches or
> rather installation of patched kernel (and again, no splice or similar on
> my servers), and libc or glibc (as all and everything is linked to
> libc/glibc, so it is virtually impossible to swap over to patched
> libc/glibc in RAM).
>
> All other updates/patches do not require reboot (at least for those who
> know what they are doing).
>
> Just my $0.02.
>
> Valeri

I like to reboot every few months just to make sure all the services
that are suppose to come up do come up, so that if it unexpectedly goes
down and is brought back up automatically, it is more likely to function
as it should.

But that has nothing to do with patches.