[CentOS] script to make webpage snapshot

Thu Aug 11 22:27:00 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 8/11/2016 3:10 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> I usually am not good at explaining what I need. I really only need an
> image of what one would see in web browser if one point to that URL. I do
> not care it to be interactive. I also don't want to get the content
> ("mirror") of stuff that URL points to on variety of "depths" - I don't
> want to use wget or curl for this reason. That is what I tried first and
> it breaks with at lest one of the web sites - they do seem protect
> themselves from "robots" or similar. And we don't need it. We just need to
> show what they page shows today, that's all.

then screen capture is about it.... too many sites, ALL the content is
dynamic, for instance,
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.9460899,-122.0268105,664a,20y,41.31t/data=!3m1!1e3

that page is composed of tiles of image data superimposed on the fly
with ajax code running in the browser to fetch the layers displayed.

you simply can't fetch the html and make any sense out of it, the
browser is running a complex application to display that.