[CentOS] Kickstart issue with UEFi

Mon Aug 22 06:56:02 UTC 2016
Phil Manuel <phil at zomojo.com>

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 at 12:51 Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 08/19/2016 11:35 PM, Phil Manuel wrote:
> > The install fails under UEFi due to the fact the partitions are not
> cleared, and it doesn’t have any space to continue. Is there an extra step
> I need to do to remove the original partitions before the new layout will
> work ?
>

> Yes.  If you have pre-existing RAID partitions, they'll automatically
> assemble before Anaconda runs, and the installer won't be able to remove
> them.  It's easiest to handle this interactively, using wipefs to clear
> the filesystems, RAID metadata, and disks.  Because my systems are
> fairly predictable, I have a function in my kickstart file that I run
> from the %pre script when I specify a keyword in the boot parameters.
> You'll want to do something similar...
>
> Stop logical volumes if present.  Wipe filesystems with wipefs, and then
> stop the RAID volumes.  Finally, wipe the disk partition table.
>
> wipedisks() {
>          vgchange -a n
>          test -b /dev/md/efi && wipefs -a /dev/md/efi && mdadm --stop
> /dev/md/efi
>          test -b /dev/md/boot && wipefs -a /dev/md/boot && mdadm --stop
> /dev/md/boot
>          test -b /dev/md/primary && wipefs -a /dev/md/primary && mdadm
> --stop /dev/md/primary
>          for x in /dev/md/*
>          do
>                  mdadm --stop $x
>          done
>          for x in ${drives[@]}
>          do
>                  for p in /dev/${x}[0-9]*
>                  do
>                          wipefs -a $p
>                  done
>                  wipefs -a $x
>          done
> }

Hi Gordon
Thanks for your help.  unfortunately it is still complaining.
Currently, I try to install and it fails, I remove all the partitions from
ALT-F3 console using wipefs, check with parted -l that the partitions and
labels are wiped and then reboot.

It fails again with:-

ERR ananconda: Bootloader setup failed: failed to find a suitable stage1
device
INFO anaconda: fs space: 0 B needed: 2861.02 MiB

If I reboot, select legacy BIOS it works

The only differences in the Kickstart files are as follows:

legacy KS
bootloader --location=mbr --boot-drive=sda --driveorder=sda,sdb
 --append="console=tty0 console=ttyS1,9600 console=ttyS2,115200"
clearpart --all --initlabel

---  UEFi Ks below:
bootloader --location=partition --boot-drive=sda --driveorder=sda,sdb
--append="console=tty0 console=ttyS1,9600 console=ttyS2,115200"
clearpart --all --initlabel --drives=sda,sdb
part /boot/efi --fstype="efi" --size=200 --ondisk=sda

And I have tried the latter with location as mbr still fails

What am I missing ?

Thanks