[CentOS] TLSv1.2 support for lftp on CentOS 6.x

Tom Grace lists-in at deathbycomputers.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 13:13:31 UTC 2016

On 02/08/2016 12:11, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
> So my question is : Can lftp provided by CentOS (of course last version in the
> 6.x branch), do TLSv1.2 connection ?
It may not be related, but in the past I have needed to rebuild libNSS
and Curl in CentOS 6 due to an upstream patch the explicitly disabled
TLSv1.2 in the default list of supported versions.
As I recall, this was done to maintain support for servers that could
not work when the negotiation of SSL/TLS was longer than X bytes.
Unfortunately, I can't find the bug I referenced at the time.

If it's like Curl, you might be able to explicitly enable TLSv1.2 on the
command line, else I suspect you could recompile the source RPM,
removing patches if required.