[CentOS] TLSv1.2 support for lftp on CentOS 6.x

Olivier BONHOMME obonhomme at nerim.net
Tue Aug 2 16:00:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 03:29:07PM +0000, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 02:56:26PM +0000, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:

> So the question is: Is that behaviour can be considered as an lftp bug or not ?

Hello again,

Just answering to myself and the list for a conclusion. lftp in CentOS uses the
default priority provided by gnutls and it's not possible to override it in lftp
4.0.9 provided in CentOS 6.

Howerver, the ssl:priority feature has been implemented in lftp 4.6.2
(https://github.com/lavv17/lftp/commit/b406805d2b3d4c9a88e24363980e5717e61d0948)
and there is also a backport RHEL/CentOS for CentOS 7
(https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!lftp/373a02466b773fe2dbbfde702aec1848e006ba70/SOURCES!lftp-4.4.8-ssl-tls-restrict.patch)

I think it could be nice if that feature could be backported into the CentOS 6
lftp version.

Regards,
Olivier