[CentOS] CentOS 6.8 with current kernel fails with pm-hibernate (cifsd refuses to freeze)

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Aug 3 09:36:20 UTC 2016

Hello Jari,

On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:15:21 +0300 Jari Fredriksson <jarif at iki.fi> wrote:

> OK. I fixed this case just by dismounting the share before hibernate,
> but I'll leave this here anyway. Just a historic note or something ;)

I think this is a very common issue: cifs vs hibernation, it's not only
this kernel, nor CentOS6. I tried hard when facing this issue, and
automount could provide good results in auto-unmounting, but it's far
from a 100% success. Manually unmounting before hibernating is for now
the only solution I've found.

Regards,

--
wwp