[CentOS] curl build system is broken and so is mock

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Thu Aug 4 01:15:26 UTC 2016

On 08/03/2016 06:05 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> On 08/03/2016 05:54 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:

>>> It's not libssh2 because I built libssh2 against LibreSSL and tested it
>>> with ldd and it doesn't use OpenSSL nor pull it in.
>>
>> *snip*
>>

> *snip*

*snip*

One thing left to try - a race condition - start building an
intermediate curl and remove the libssl.so.10 from the buildroot with a
shell after mock creates the builroot but before curl is building.

If cure then successfully builds, I should have an intermediary curl
binary I can put in my mock sources to build the real curl so that
libssl.so.10 isn't pulled in.

I don't like doing that.

I do suspect it is a flaw in how the curl build systems handles -lcrypto