[CentOS] ssh & ksh question

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Tue Aug 9 17:46:48 UTC 2016

Try:

     ssh system2 "`cat test.script`"

That works for me.

On 08/09/2016 01:35 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I need to run a report, source file on system 1, on system 2. I'd like to
> do this in one script, not have a second script to run it.
>
> Now
> cat script | ssh system2
> works fine. But no matter what I've tried, it gags on
> ssh system2 <<EOF
> blah, blah
> EOF.
>
> Mostly, I have a multiline awk script in the script, with \ at the end of
> each line... *but* I think it's seeing "\n" as an eol, and complaining, of
> course.
>
> Suggestions?
>
>        mark

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.