[CentOS] ssh & ksh question

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Aug 9 17:55:41 UTC 2016

David Both wrote:
> Try:
>
>      ssh system2 "`cat test.script`"
>
> That works for me.

Thanks, but that's pretty much what I'm trying with the HERE document.
Trouble is, I have a) an sqlquery, o/p piped into b) awk, which I do as
one line, breaking it with terminating \ (to make it readable), followed
by c) another sqlquery, and a couple of commands.

The issue is that by trying the HERE doc, or making the whole thing a
function, and trying ssh server2 func(), or surrounding the whole thing
with $(), none of it works, because it all gags on the "\n\n" in the awk
script.

          mark