[CentOS] centos 7- boot doesn't wait for startup script to complete

KM info4km at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 19:07:30 UTC 2016

I am taking a step back.  I have a normal rc script that is installed with our product.  All of the CentOS 7 documentation says the script should work on startup/shutdown.   But it doesn't.   If I run the script manually it works as it should of course.
When I restart the server, nothing happens or starts up.  So my question is should it be working as it was without me changing anything?
The only way I was able to make it work was to add a service file for it in the systemd directory which is what led to my email in the trail attached below.  Any way to see what it is doing?
I'll try debugging into out application logs again, but haven't had much luck with that.Thanks in advanceKM