[CentOS] Regarding using CentOS on Commercial Appliance

Akshat Kakkar the_akshat at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 10 07:29:17 UTC 2016

Thanks for the reply.
I had already visited the links mentioned by you.

The link  https://www.centos.org/legal/trademarks/ talks about non-usage of trademarks in commercial software which is taken care.
The link https://www.centos.org/legal/ talks very less about legal terms and condition.
Is there some other link which mentions about the License model used by CentOS. Infact, no where it is mentioned that it follows GPL or not. Just in that trademarks link below there is some mentioning of Creative Commons 3.0 but that looks only for trademark.

Any idea will be highly helpful?
Atleast if I know which license it follows, then I will be able to consult a lawyer for the same to know things in detail.

    On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 10:40 PM, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 08/08/2016 10:23 PM, Akshat Kakkar wrote:
> I know all the CentOS packages, etc. might fall in GPL and as a result I should be supplying source code of all the packages in CentOS.
>
> What else is expected from me?

Certainly, I'd think you should include the source code for the CentOS
distribution.  When doing so, pay attention to:

https://www.centos.org/legal/trademarks/

and:

https://www.centos.org/legal/