[CentOS] XRDB not in our centos6.8 build

Dan Hyatt

dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu
Wed Aug 10 14:42:46 UTC 2016

I am a bit baffled on this.

We recently rebuilt all our servers to CentOS release 6.8 (Final)  from
a prior 6.x centos release.  We ran into a couple of problems such as
Java not working (just had to yum install java). It was installed, but
unable to create a java machine, until I yum install java solved the
problem.

But now a user (the big boss) is receiving xrdp errors. And it appears
that xrdp is not installed on these newly built servers.

I googled xrdp and was unable to decipher if it is needed in our
environment (we use sas which does use X11 graphics on the servers to
export graphs).

If it is needed, wondering why it not included in the groups we have
always used for kickstart.

When would I need xrdp? or is it one of the leftovers here from a bygone
era?

Thanks for your response.