[CentOS] LSI SATA MegaRaid & Centos 7 build 1511

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:22:09 UTC 2016

On 08/13/2016 02:15 AM, Fawzy Ibrhim wrote:
 > I have double checked again and yes it's Fakeraid from LSI.
 > Also it's not shown in "lspci -nn" output.

In your original message, you indicated that this was a PCI card, but it
looks like this is just a firmware component of your motherboard.

I think you should assume that this firmware is unsupported.  Set your
SATA mode to AHCI in the BIOS, and then use "dmraid -r -E" to remove the
RAID metadata from those disks:
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=9813

You should be able to install using Linux software RAID.