[CentOS] OT: Backup Question/Solution

TE Dukes tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Sun Aug 14 23:41:45 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Gianluca Cecchi
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 8:16 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] OT: Backup Question/Solution

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM, TE Dukes wrote:

> Is there a better solution for backing up a home system to some sort
> of external media?

Not tested myself yet, but RH EL, and so CentOS, introduced support for
Relax-and-Recover in version 6.8:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/htm
l/6.8_Release_Notes/new_features_system_and_subscription_management.html

See also
http://relax-and-recover.org/documentation/

Based on http://relax-and-recover.org/usage/ it should be feasible...
HIH,
Gianluca

Had time today to check Relax and Recover.

I screwed up a 128GB flash drive trying to get Mondo working but was able to
a rescue disc and backup to my file system where I was able to copy both to
another computer.

The backup file can't be on the same partition as the rescue iso.

Have another flash drive on the way.

Thanks!!