[CentOS] Canon scanner LiDE 220

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Sat Aug 20 20:30:23 UTC 2016

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 21:17:58 +0100
J Martin Rushton wrote:

> This scanner is supported according to the SANE page, but doesn't work
> on my up-to-date C7 system (updated 20 minutes ago).  The Canon web site
> is as expected - as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
>
> Has anyone managed to get this to run, and if so can you share the
> secret please.

When my Canon scanner didn't work with Centos due to an outdated sane version, I just downloaded the latest source rpm from Fedora whatever-it-was-at-the-time, and compiled and installed that version instead.

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/canon-lide-110-scanner/

A similar process may work for you.