[CentOS] migrate openldap to centos 7 server..

Jason Welsh

jason.welsh at mercurygate.com
Sun Aug 21 15:49:34 UTC 2016

I hope this isnt terribly off-topic, but Im trying to migrate openldap from an old 32bit install
of gentoo linux to 64bit centos 7. Ive searched and found all kinds of info on migrating, but
none if it seems to work completely for me.
It seems that the newer centos 7 opendlap config doesnt use the slapd.conf file any more.
So It appears I need two ldif files. one for the config and one for the actual database?
on the old server if I do (as root)
slapcat -n 0    , i get the error
slapcat: could not open database.
but I was able to get a dump of the (non-config) database with
 slapcat -n 1, but I cant import that ldif on the new centos 7 server without the config part...
anyone know what the right procedure for this would be ?

regards,
Jason