[CentOS] I need glibc 2.19+ for 32 bit CentOS 6.8 or CentOS7

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dp.exchange
Wed Aug 24 23:57:09 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:44 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 8/24/2016 4:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>> Due to a proposed changeover to build machines for a project I'm
>> involved with, I need at least glib 2.19. Right now I have glib 2.12,
>> and even on CentOS7-32 bit, what I see is glib 2.14. Is a higher glib
>> available anywhere that might work with my current 6.8. I see I can
>> download it from SourceForge but I am wondering what the results might me.
>

> whats the target OS for the builds from these build machines ?
>
> to change the default libc would require rebuilding (and retesting) the
> whole OS.

I believe glib is just the Gnome utility libraries, unlike glibc which
has the core C runtime libraries.  Upgrading glib is probably less
dire, though it

--
Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Chief Technology Officer                   (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925