[CentOS] I need glibc 2.19+ for 32 bit CentOS 6.8 or CentOS7

Kay Schenk kay.schenk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:21:53 UTC 2016

On Aug 24, 2016 5:05 PM, "Gordon Messmer" <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/24/2016 04:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>> Due to a proposed changeover to build machines for a project I'm
>> involved with, I need at least glib 2.19.
>

> Do you know why?  As in, what features or fixes are required?  If not, I
think John's question is pertinent.  If you're building a binaries to
distribute, your best bet might actually be to produce multiple builds
targeting specific Linux distributions. Alternately, some specific LSB
release (none of which, as far as I can tell, require glibc 2.19+).

To all...yes I meant glibc, not glib. Target environment -- could be any
version of Linux. This is for Apache OpenOffice. The buildbots we've been
using are being decommisioned due to EOL. As a developer on that project, I
need to be able to test and use the builds. We'll be moving to a Ubuntu 14
environment, which is spec'd at glibc 2.19 near as I can determine. So a
long story.  We will not be building for targeted environments.

Write after I wrote this, I thought maybe I could get a zip of what I
needed and just install it without overwriting my setup. Then set an env
variable to run the generated build.

Thanks for the responses.