[CentOS] users unable to log into kde after 6.8 update [RESOLVED]

geo.inbox.ignored

geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:40:30 UTC 2016

Nicholas, hello again.

while checking thru old emails to archive, noted that i did not update
you on your downgrade solution.

seems solution was a one shot deal.

ran an update before last one with new kernel, had same problem of
user unable to login.

dropped to cl ran downgrade, back to gui login, failed again.

presuming that problem was with fact that i was not able to downgrade
to 'xorg-x11-*' that my user configs were setup for, so i logged in as
user root, renamed active home directory, set up user geo again and
rebuilt new user geo from a lot of old configs.

after latest update with latest kernel, all is still working.

what caused problem, not sure, but i am presuming that it may have been
because i was trying to use configs for an earlier revision and they
will not work.

thanks again.

On 07/23/2016 03:21 AM, geo.inbox.ignored wrote:

> hello Nicolas,
>
> thank you for your reply.

<<<>>> On

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=