[CentOS] Kickstart issue with UEFi

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:39:58 UTC 2016

On 08/25/2016 11:35 PM, Phil Manuel wrote:
> The relevant kickstart section is:-
>
> part /boot/efi --fstype efi --grow --maxsize=200 --size=20 --ondisk=sda
> bootloader --append=" crashkernel=auto" --location=mbr --boot-drive=sda1
> autopart --type=lvm

A couple of things to consider:
* The documentation for "autopart" states that "The autopart command
can't be used with the logvol, part/partition, raid, reqpart, or
volgroup in the same kickstart file," so your use of autopart and "part
/boot/efi" appear to be incompatible.  Maybe drop the "part" line.
* I specify partitions for kickstart, but my bootloader line is:
   bootloader --location=mbr --append="net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0"
   No location is specified, the installer works it out.  Given the
error you posted, I think sda1 might not be where anaconda is putting
the EFI partition.