[CentOS] .htaccess file

TE Dukes tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Tue Aug 30 01:16:32 UTC 2016

[Thomas E Dukes]
Its not necessarily the load on my server, but the bandwidth on my dsl.

> If you have another system on your home network, try a speed test.  If it
> performs crappy you probably have a problem with attackers eating your
> bandwidth.

[Thomas E Dukes]
I have a fire stick on my network that I stream movies. Getting beatup by
badbots isn't helping.

> You and another poster mentioned fail2ban; if you can get that configured
> watch and protect both sshd and httpd that will help both problems quite a
> bit.

[Thomas E Dukes]
I have all the jails setup for the services I'm running. Not sure its
working. Not getting any emails.

Thanks!!