[CentOS] TLSv1.2 support for lftp on CentOS 6.x

Tue Aug 2 11:11:31 UTC 2016
Olivier BONHOMME <obonhomme at nerim.net>

Hello everybody,

I am writing on that mailing list because I have an issue using lftp and I would
love to have more infos about features available on the LFTP version provided by
CentOS 6.

I try to connect to a ftp server in secured mode using FTPS explicit and I would
love to use TLSv1.2.

After several tries, I understood that the TLS negociation was not possible
using TLSv1.2 (It works only with TLSv1.1) but my issue is I don't understand
why :
 - The GNU TLS Library provided by CentOS is TLSv1.2 compliant. I can use
   gnutls-cli in order to make a TLSv1.2 connection
 - It also works pefectly with an openssl client, so it's not a server side
   issue.
 - I don't see anything in the lftp changelog or features list saying that lftp
   is not compliant with TLSv1.2.

So my question is : Can lftp provided by CentOS (of course last version in the
6.x branch), do TLSv1.2 connection ? If it is not possible, I can deal with
it but I'm curious to know if it is a feature or a bug. Indeed if it's a bug it
could be interesting to submit an issue for a potential resolution.

Thanks for your answers

Regards,
Olivier Bonhomme