[CentOS] Systemd and network startup/shutdown ?

Thu Aug 4 20:48:41 UTC 2016

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 07:20, James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com> wrote:
>
> I've just started to dip my toe in the water with CentOS 7 - and have started looking at porting custom CentOS 6 init.d/xinetd/whatever scripts and configs to systemd, but notice that CentOS 7 appears to use /etc/rc.d/init.d/network as the method for starting/stopping the network
>
> Is this correct - or am I missing something?

You are correct, the old sysv init script still exists, although you are still using systemd to launch it.

I'm not sure why it exists but I seem to recall there was something that required it. (load balancer maybe?)

The NetworkManager service does use systemd units though.

--
Jonathan Billings