[CentOS] LSI SATA MegaRaid & Centos 7 build 1511

Wed Aug 17 21:40:48 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 8/17/2016 2:28 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> I have been working as a NEC partner and reseller and know very well
> what NEC implements in their Express 5800 server line.
>
> They do not ship anything from LSI which is fake RAID. The onboard
> SATA controllers are Intel chip technology and can work with Windows
> drivers in fake RAID mode. Not with Linux.
>
> On the other hand when real RAID is wanted NEC sells LSI PCI
> controllers. In the model R120b-2 it had been the LSI MegaRAID SAS
> 9264-8i. That controller has a BIOS where you define all the common
> parameters which apply to a true RAID controller.

Fawny's screen shot of the BIOS showed "LSI MegaRAID Software RAID BIOS'
finding "LSI SATA RAID" on PCI device 00:1F, and his lspci output
identifies 00:1F as the intel ICH SATA in fake-raid mode, and no LSI
devices at all.    This is what I based my statements on.