[CentOS] I need glibc 2.19+ for 32 bit CentOS 6.8 or CentOS7

Thu Aug 25 16:49:12 UTC 2016
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

On 08/24/2016 07:53 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 25/08/16 13:21, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> To all...yes I meant glibc, not glib. Target environment -- could be any
>> version of Linux. This is for Apache OpenOffice. The buildbots we've been
>> using are being decommisioned due to EOL. As a developer on that project, I
>> need to be able to test and use the builds. We'll be moving to a Ubuntu 14
>> environment, which is spec'd at glibc 2.19 near as I can determine. So a
>> long story.  We will not be building for targeted environments.
>
> Well, at the end of the day, if you're trying to build for multiple
> environments then you really need to build to the lowest common
> denominator.  What you seem to want is just the opposite, so short story
> is that it's bad planning to build to such a new version of glibc.
> You're not going to get around this, it just won't work.
>

> Peter

Copy that. I do realize the sane thing to do is to have the builbots --
smoketest environments -- match the production environment, which
currently is spec'd at CentOS 5.x. Unfortunately, I don't have direct
control over some of this. <sigh>

MzK

"God helps those who help themselves."
                   -- popular adage