[CentOS] systemd not restarting daemon

Fri Aug 26 00:42:49 UTC 2016
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> said:
> Since this is an internal service, until the segfault can be addressed,
> I wanted systemd to restart it for me.  I created a file called
> /etc/systemd/system/named-sdb-chroot.service.d/service.conf with:
>
> [Service]
> Restart=always
<snip>
> I see the file listed in the output of systemd-delta, so I know it is
> being seen.  Any idea why systemd isn't restarting it?

Just for follow-up: the problem is apparently because of how systemd
handles the interaction between named-sdb-chroot.service and
named-sdb-chroot-setup.service - something about that (maybe the
BindsTo in the -setup.service) keeps systemd from restarting the
service.

For this particular setup, the chroot didn't really add significant
security, so I dropped it for the "regular" named-sdb.service, and
systemd does restart that on failure as expected.

Now back to the real bug - why does named-sdb segfault in
libmysqlclient.so after a few hours...

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>