[CentOS] [OT] firefox 45.5.1

geo.inbox.ignored

geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 06:32:29 UTC 2016

read 'announce' of new release for firefox-45.5.0, then for firefox-45.5.0,
decided, wrongly, to upgrade. my bad. nothing but problems.

on opening what moz devs considered as 'latest and greatest', found that it
was more crapola from moz devs.

first run was to login with my isp, only to find page would not fully load
and a message bar saying;

  Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading    [Allow]

clicking [Allow] button only cycled with same. 10 more clicks, decided that
was enough.

now, i would like to roll back to earlier 40.x, but no can do because of
deleting 40.x to make room for new release.

now have /var on it's own partition and have room for updating.

3 questions;

  1- anyone else having problems with 45.5.1?

  2- where might i find earlier releases of 40.x?

  3- if i install 40.x in path /var/lib/yum/plugins/local/,
     will i be able to roll back.

hoping for positive replies to #2 & 3#.

replies/suggestions greatly appreciated.

tia.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=