[CentOS] bash on ubuntu (centos) on windows

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Dec 8 21:50:37 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 02:47:31PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> No, but it does implement the kernel syscall interface and an ELF loader.
> Therefore, there is no reason, in principle, why you could not build
> a CentOS userland on top of the Windows Subsystem for Linux.

I have not tried it, but there is a tool which will let you switch to
any other userspace published on the Docker Hub (which would include
Fedora and CentOS):
https://github.com/RoliSoft/WSL-Distribution-Switcher

I imagine (but have no actual idea) that the next evolution of this
will simply be making Linux-based Docker containers work (without using
hyperv as Docker does now).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>