[CentOS] trouble installing centos 6.8

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Fri Dec 9 20:09:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 12:46:11 -0700
Emma M Birath wrote:

> > I proceeded to set up a new VM, selecting Linux / RedHat 64 bit. I
> > selected the DVD1 iso file above as "IDE Primary Master" and the DVD2
> > as "IDE Secondary Master".

I have personally always had the best luck by installing the Live CD, and then customizing the installation from there.  This also gives you a quick way to test if the hardware you are installing to is compatible with the version of Centos that you're installing since the Live CD boots and comes up with a working desktop or it does not.

In fact and coincidentally, I just set up a Centos 6.8 image on VirtualBox last night using the Live CD with no issues.