[CentOS] Plain requirement: desktop search

Yan Li elliot.li.tech at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 21:48:44 UTC 2016

On 12/10/2016 08:54 AM, Leon Fauster wrote:
> Just wondering, what exactly is supported/suggested:
>
> I need a comprehensive desktop search functionality. Not only
> searching for file names but also for content and meta data. The
> environment is EL6.8 / Gnome2. I have noticed that "beagle" is
> not part of the distro anymore. Any suggestions for such requirement?

If upgrading to EL7 is an option it has GNOME Tracker builtin. You get
desktop search right after installation. It has a bug that files can be
missing from search results sometimes (and can appear again in next
search), but in general works well enough for me. Hope the upcoming
EL7.3 can have fixes for that bug.

--
Yan Li