[CentOS] Plain requirement: desktop search

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Sat Dec 10 22:02:06 UTC 2016

Le 10/12/2016 à 17:54, Leon Fauster a écrit :
> I need a comprehensive desktop search functionality. Not only
> searching for file names but also for content and meta data. The
> environment is EL6.8 / Gnome2. I have noticed that "beagle" is
> not part of the distro anymore. Any suggestions for such requirement?

Frankly, nothing beats Recoll.

https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/

Unfortunately there are only packages for CentOS 7:

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/centos71/

I've installed Recoll on all my client's desktops (running Slackware
14.1 mostly), and they're very happy with it.

cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr