[CentOS] Can't delete or move /home on 7.3 install

Glenn E. Bailey III replicant at dallaslamers.org
Thu Dec 15 18:10:21 UTC 2016

I was most def root. /home isn't mounted as a separate filesystem.
It's not even tmpfs or btrfs. I was able to boot into single user mode
to remove it, but this isn't possible in an automated fashion. I may
just have to start building my own images.

Still curious to know why I can't rename or move it. Anyone else try
this on a stock 7.3 build?

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 8:42 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Jon LaBadie wrote:

>>> We

>>> while
>>> >
>>> }}
>>>
>>> that is one possibility.
>>>
>>> even greater is op is a 'user', not 'root'.
> <snip>
>
> Here's a question to OP: how did you log into the system? If as *user*,
> rather than as root, the filesystem is busy because you're logged on, and
> in it.
>
> Missed some of the posts overnight - has anyone asked for the o/p of df -h?
>
>     mark

"replicants are like any other machine. They're either a benefit or a
hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."