[CentOS] deleted .dbus/sessions-bus/[fn]

geo.inbox.ignored geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:31:52 UTC 2016

On 12/16/2016 03:59 PM, Yamaban wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 22:29, geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at ...> wrote:
>>
>> greetings.
>>
>> while using rsync to copy /root/* from tower box to laptop computer, i
>> accidentally over wrote .dbus/sessions-bus/[fn] on laptop computer.
>>
>> ran extensive web search, including;
>>
>>   http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/
>>
>> to find how to replace or recreate file, only to find everything about
>> what it does and why.
>>
>> question is, how do i recreate, short of re-installing from .iso?
>>
>> have not rebooted laptop system.
>>
>> need help in a BIG way.
>>
>> any and all help/suggestions greatly appreciated.
>>
>> tia.
>
> AFAICT, the text file in ~/.dbus/sessions-bus/ is named after the
> machine-id and contains a few lines similar to:
> [code]
> # This file allows processes on the machine with id  [[your-machine-id-here]]  using
> # display :0.0 to find the D-Bus session bus with the below address.
> # If the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable is set, it will
> # be used rather than this file.
> # See "man dbus-launch" for more details.
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-[[random-string-here]],guid=[[your-personal-dbus-session-adress]]
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=[[the pid of your personal dbus instance]]
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_WINDOWID=[[your top-most window id]]
> [/code]
>
> as neither this file nor the directories ~/.dbus/sessions-bus/ are in
> /etc/skeleton, I must assume that they are recreated at user-login, if
> they are missing or contain invalid information.
>
> IOW, remove the file, login, and it should get recreated.

}}

Yamaban, thank you for reply.

as 'user', logged out, logged in, nothing.

as 'root', logged out, logged in, nothing.

rebooted, repeat ed above, still no file.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=