[CentOS] deleted .dbus/sessions-bus/[fn]

geo.inbox.ignored geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 07:19:21 UTC 2016

On 12/17/2016 11:45 AM, Jonathan Billings wrote:

>> On Dec 17, 2016, at 10:08 AM, geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> maybe not on a mac system, but file has been present on 686 and x86_64
>> intel systems that i have installed. at least, iirc, for versions 5.x
>> thru 6.8.
>
> Who said it was on a Mac?  Oh… because I have a mac laptop and I’m
> replying to you with it?  Yes, I am so dumb I can’t tell the difference
> between my mac and my linux systems.

}}

and like, there is a great big differance in commands. ;=)

some of my email filters are for tagging linux, unix, and bsd email clients.
it is very interesting to note the amount of oos users on linux support
list. never have understood or tried to reason why some peeps want to
use a crappy os that is plagued with weak security.

> I just looked at both a el5 and a el6 x86_64 system, neither have a
> /.dbus directory.
>
>> when you say 'first run a session', are you meaning when system is
>> first installed?
>>
>> or when a session that uses dbus-daemon is run?
>
> I’m saying that perhaps these files were created when you ran some
> dbus-aware client as root, and it started a user dbus-daemon.

}}

then it must be happening when i first install and reboot to finish
installation.

reason i say this is because when i start up kde as user and open
konqueror file browser, i always open / and move it to first tab so i
always have / at quick access and i note that .dbus is at top.

how/where can one find info on which progs access dbus?

cause this is not getting me an answer that i am looking for. guess i
will just need to check .dbus/sessions-bus/ each time i 'sudo' or 'su'
to see if i can find answer.

not going to worry about it, just something i am curious about and one
more thing to learn about linux.

"an idol mind is the devil's workshop" and i like to make it difficult
for him to get in. :=)

thank you for replying. has been most interesting.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=