[CentOS] Alternative to cPanel

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Dec 20 12:19:36 UTC 2016

On 12/15/2016 11:23 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
> I think most of the market is moving towards AWS Elastic Beanstalk,
> OpenShift and Docker. It seems control panels are not really much of a
> thing anymore.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

You are talking about 2 different market segments.

End user single server setups need something making it easy for non-IT
and non 'server' savvy users to control their individually maintained
machines.  These users want and need some kind of control panel to
control their machine.  They need it regardless of how they are getting
their individual machines, and whether those are Bare Metal, Virtual
Machines, or even containers.  cPanel is (IMHO) the best thing for these
non computer savvy users.

The things you mention are indeed the way most organizations who have a
professional IT staff are moving.

<snip>